This book carries anecdotes encapsulating Lal Bahadur’s childhood, growing up years and political life. Each anecdote is poignantly narrated by his son Anil Shastri. And, brilliantly interpreted by Pavan Choudary. The reader will take home unique and valuable insights. It is Lal Bahadur Shastri like never before.
Anil Shastri is an Indian politician, social activist and educationist. After graduating from St. Stephen’s college he served in Voltas for 17 years. Anil joined politics in 1989 and was elected to the Lok Sabha and appointed as Minister in the Ministry of Finance. He is also Special Invitee to the Congress Working Committee. Born to Lal Bahadur Shastri, Anil has established several educational institutions and is the Chairman of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management. For more follow him on twitter @anilkshastri.
Pavan Choudary is the author of path breaking books like How a Good Person can Really Win, Broom & Groom (co-author Kiran Bedi), A Trilogy of Wisdom (on Chanakya, Confucius and kabir), Machiavelli for Moral People, Uprising 2011:Indians against Corruption (co-author Kiran Bedi), When you are Sinking become a Submarine and The Rx Factor. Pavan is also the Managing Director of Vygon, a leading French Multinational, chairs the Medical Technology Division of CII, hosts the TV program Hum Aise Kyun Hain on Doordarshan, and has written columns for The Times of India and Financial Chronicle. He sits on some of the most respected advisory boards of India and is a much sought after Management Strategist. To know more follow him on twitter @AuthorPavan
- “This small book may teach important lessons of life to today’s leaders… The Tibetian spiritual leader, The Dalai Lama said at the book launch." - Free Press Journal
- “The book talks about several inspiring… and honest leaders.” - Mail Today
- “Inspiring Vignettes……through anecdotes and wisdom windows” - The Hindu
- "The book is good and worth reading if you have interest in reading about the founding fathers of this nation. If you are such reader then this book is like a treasure. It will give you great lessons of life, proven with the practice of ShastriJi, to achieve great feats." - Anant Prakash | Published in - Hues of a soul
- “Wisdom Village Publications has indeed, done a good job in getting together Anil Shastri and Pavan Choudary to bring to life the thoughts and ideals of India’s second Prime Minister who is more known for his slogan, Jai Jawan Jai Kisan.” - Jai Jawan Jai Kisan | Published in - Muse n Motivation
- "It's a good book written in a simple way. It is is divided into small small chapters highlighting Shastriji' small yet important incidents of life. Reading those chapters one can understand the nature of Shastriji as well as know about the leadership qualities which one should possess." - Biswajit Gogoi | Published in - Amazon.in
- "By this time, Inspirational lessons of Lal Bhadur Shastri are must for every youth of India. This is pretty good book adding lot of enthusiasm in you for +VE work." - VINOD KUMAR | Published in - Amazon.in
- "I finished the book in couple of hours. I appreciated the management skills of LBS. Till now I appreciated the leadership traits of Atal Bihari Bajpai who had been my political hero. Now, I have another leader to learn. The language of the book is simple and easy to understand. The book is beautifully written and edited. The book is worthy if you have interest in reading about past fathers of this nation. The book is divided in three separate parts: individual level, interpersonal relationships and healthy society. Under these three sections, this covers all major and minor incidents of ShastriJi’s career. There are several incidents recorded in the book, when ShastriJi played a true troubleshooter for Congress party in times of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. The book also covers the incident when ShastriJi made T. T. Krishnamachari resign on allegations of misuse of his position in Punjab government. There is also a mention of other great incidents like 1962 war with Pakistan, Monday evening fast appeal from citizens on barred wheat supply from America and Kashmir issue." Published in - My Pinboard of Words & Thoughts